YOUR SCHOOL IS INVITED TO COMPETE TO WIN AN IMMERSIVE FARM TO FORK EXPERIENCE WITH LEADING MEAT PROCESSOR, ABP
Who is the ABP Angus Youth Challenge aimed at?
The success of competition so far has indicated that it doesn’t just appeal to pupils in Years 11& 12 who are studying the GCSE in Agriculture & Land Use or considering a BTEC in Agriculture. This has clear relevance. But pupils taking part to date have come both from rural and city schools. They are interested in a variety of jobs and careers that the agri-food sector can offer from food science; production; veterinary science; finance & business management or food nutrition.
Which teachers make good team supervisors?
How to enter:
- Entry is by short video followed by a shortlisting interview to reach the semi-final. Semi-finalists will compete at a national heat in March 2019 in front of an independent judging panel of industry experts and the media.
- Each team that make the final stage will be awarded five Aberdeen Angus calves per team at a high profile, public prize-giving ceremony during the 2019 Balmoral Show.
- They will then go on to rear their calves through to finishing, with the support of ABP and the Northern Irish Angus Producer Group.
- They will then fully benefit from the net profit at sale of the calves to ABP during an 18-month programme with ABP.
- An additional £1,000 cash prize will be awarded to the overall winning school/club or group.
- Reaching the final stage of the ABP Angus Youth Challenge means travel; first-hand insights into a leading and award-winning beef processor; building experience for future careers whilst working on exciting projects that support ABP’s quality beef supply chain.
The 2018 finalists currently participating in the programme are representing Belfast Royal Academy, Enniskillen Royal Grammar, Rainey Endowed Magherafelt and St Louis Grammar Ballymena. Closing date for receipt of entries is noon 30th November 2018. Interested parties can contact Arthur Callaghan, ABP T. 07884 483929 E: Arthur.email@example.com
To find out more about how to enter click here
Please complete an entry form for each application, you can download one here
We would be delighted if you wish to share this page link on to colleagues or pupils you thought may be interested in taking part.